About Slow Food Nations
This July, Slow Food USA welcomes the world to Denver, Colorado for Slow Food Nations, a festival to taste and explore a world of good, clean and fair food for all. The weekend will combine the energy of a street food festival, the rigor of an academic conference, and the inspiration of a cultural exchange. Enjoy dozens of interactive workshops, delicious tastings, local tours, educational talks, and plenty of meals and parties. Slow Food Nations connects farmers and families, leaders and eaters to share our stories and shape the future of food.
The festival is free and open to the public, with select ticketed workshops, talks and tastings.
- Larimer Square: taste marketplace, outdoor stage, kids area with gardens & cooking, Denver bites and beverages, block parties, international pavilions.
- Union Station: Ark of Taste interactive exhibit about biodiversity, farmers market, Food Underground conversations, culinary and cocktail workshops.
- Tattered Cover LoDo: author talks and signings.
- WeWork Union Station: roundtable discussions.
- Hospitality Learning Center @ MSU: culinary and taste workshops.
- Urban Farmer restaurant: Slow Food Nations film cafe, presented by Flatirons Food & Film Festival.
About Slow Food
Slow Food is a global, grassroots organization, founded in 1989 to prevent the disappearance of local food cultures and traditions, counteract the rise of fast life and combat people’s dwindling interest in the food they eat, where it comes from and how our food choices affect the world around us. Since its beginnings, Slow Food has grown into a global movement involving millions of people in over 160 countries, working to ensure everyone has access to good, clean and fair food. There are over 150 chapters in the USA.
The Kitchen Cabinet is a group of leaders who advise the Slow Food USA staff on overall direction, thematic areas, and presenter involvement for Slow Food Nations. They bring diverse backgrounds and skills to our team and help us curate the festival.
Slow Food USA Team
Operations and Sustainability
Danny Wimmer Presents
Slow Food Nations Intern
International Delegate Intern