Top 5 Reasons to Come to Slow Food Nations
Have you booked your tickets for Denver yet? Here are our Top Five Reasons to Come to Slow Food Nations this July:
1. Carlo Petrini is coming! Meet the founder of the global Slow Food movement and hear the stories of people around the world taking ownership over their local food systems. Carlo is scheduled to give a talk with Barry Lynn on the topic of “Food and Freedom”–read about it here.
2. So many amazing workshops. Get hands on with a variety of clean and fair food presentations, from learning traditional cheese making methods to exploring the environmental impacts of coffee. To check out all of these incredible opportunities, check out the Slow Food Nations event page.
3. Kids’ Gardens. Don’t leave your kids at home! There are lots of hands-on activities for kids of all ages to get their hands in the dirt and learn about good, clean and fair food.
4. Delicious food. It wouldn’t be a Slow Food gathering without some incredible meals. Dig into whole hog BBQ from South Carolina and explore a world of tastes at our block parties.
5. Our mile high host city. Denver was ranked the #1 best place to live in America, and is a hub for new and innovative food. Plus, there are boundless opportunities to extend your stay and get into those mountains!