Share Your Story. Be a Marketplace Merchant.
Connect with this movement in the heart of downtown Denver over two bustling days: Saturday, July 20 from 10am-8pm and Sunday, July 21 from 10am-6pm. We provide the opportunity to sell your product to a new audience, build bridges between producers and buyers from across North America, and share your story at the most important North American good food event in 2019!
You’ll find details and FAQs below, but please contact us if you have any questions or inquiries not answered here!
Applications for the Taste Marketplace are now open!
The Taste Marketplace is limited to 100 merchants to maintain a high quality experience for producers and visitors. Merchants align with Slow Food’s mission of good, clean and fair food for all, and have the ability to serve and engage with an expected 25,000 attendees.
Merchants — Makers of artisanal foods & beverages; producers prioritizing craftsmanship and authenticity; farmers & fishers using sustainable practices; representatives of traditional foods, farming and indigenous food cultures; cookware, cutlery, barware and tabletop companies; ecologically-minded clothing and textile manufacturers. Food producers have priority and make up the majority of merchants. We strongly encourage our merchant to offer samples to engage festival attendees!
Nonprofits — Environmental sustainability and food advocacy organizations; Slow Food chapters showcasing local producers, experts and chefs; food and consumer educators.
If being a merchant in the Taste Marketplace is not the right fit for you, we have other exciting opportunities as sponsors or participants in the programming. Contact us and let us know how you’d like to be involved and we’ll work together.
Booths & Costs
Merchants can opt for a single or double booth, or work with us to create a custom booth! All booths are beautifully designed and constructed with repurposed wood, counter space, and shelving. Single booths are a great option for smaller businesses that like a farmer’s market style set-up with a counter in the front of the booth. Double booths are great for those looking for more room and the option to open up your booth so that attendees can step in to your space. If you require a specialized booth size outside of the specifications below, please contact us directly!
- 8’x 8′ (single booth) or 8’x16’ (double booth) footprint booth constructed from reclaimed pine-beetle-killed wood equipped with 4′ tall and 8″ wide countertop for samples and displays. For a single booth, the front of the booth has a 4′ wide open entrance into the booth with 8″ wide counters wrapping around the other 4′ of the booth’s front with an 8′ wall in the back of the booth
- 24-hour security
- Weather-proof structure protecting booth from sun and rain
- Slow Food Nations branded banner hung at booth before load-in
- Standard Edison 20 amp 110 V outlet for power
- Load in/out support
- Single booth: $950 (or $1050 if payment is received after March 19, 2018)
- Double: $1750 (or $1950 if payment is received after March 19, 2018)
- Previous exhibitors: $895 for a single booth or $1650 for a double booth (or $1050 single/$1950 double if payment is received after March 19, 2018)
Cancellations prior to April 31, 2019 will receive a 50% refund. After that date, exhibitor fees are non-refundable.
- Refrigerated storage (2’x2′ footprint) close to booth ($200)
- Advance receipt, warehouse storage and delivery of shipments to site ($250)
- Additional electricity (price depends on need)
- Ice available on site (fair market value)
- Access to exclusive Slow Food Nations B2B merchant reception on Friday, July 19
- Your logo featured on the Slow Food Nations website with a link to your website
- Slow Food Business Supporter membership ($500 value), including two individual memberships to Slow Food USA, a window decal and a Slow Food graphic to use on your website
- Reach an estimated 25,000 targeted and motivated attendees
- Sample and sell your products
- Connect with like-minded producers and consumers
- Opportunity to participate in other areas of the event — workshops, dinners, talks, and pop-up events
Frequently Asked Questions
Saturday July 20th : 10AM – 8PM
Sunday July 21st: 10AM – 6PM
*Merchant load-in begins 5AM on Saturday, set up should be complete by 9AM
Slow Food wants to encourage the participation of smaller producers in the Taste Marketplace. Therefore, it is possible for producers to share a space. We will need one point of contact per space who will coordinate all of the logistics with our team.
What are the food handling guidelines that need to be met for serving hot and cold food onsite? A vendor coordinator will be following up with merchants in March after being accepted into Slow Food Nations to help coordinate these details.
Electricity is included in the merchant fee. Electricity will be available directly at booths. Refrigeration and storage will be available on-site for an additional cost. After signing up to attend as a merchant, a coordinator will follow up within a few weeks to assist merchants in securing any amenities needed.